This is the recipe for the meal whose name literally translate as C.E.O. Chicken and is better known as Poulet DG or Poulet D.G. which stands for Poulet Directeur Général.
Poulet DG – Ingredients
- A whole chicken
- Almost ripe plantains, i.e. just a little sweet, are generally appreciated. They should be sliced in rings and fried.
- Bell peppers
- Lightly boiled carrots
- Chilli (optional)
- Oil to fry
Poulet DG – Preparation
- Cut the chicken in pieces and season (blended salt, onions and garlic…) and fry them dry.
- Blend tomato, celery in branches and leek
- Put the oil that fried the chicken in a saucepan and lightly fry the big-diced onions in it.
- Pour the tomato in the oil and let fry on low heat.
- Pour in the sauce pan the vegetables cut in big pieces: pepper, previously lightly boiled carrots, courgettes, and leeks.
- Leave to simmer a little .
- Put the fried chicken in the sauce pan.
- Add into the sauce pan the plantains cut in ring-slices and previously fried
- Add salt and chilli.
- Leave to simmer on low heat, stirring from time time, until completely cooked.